Featured Post

Be Your Own Decorator

Avianto Suites

Sunday, June 7, 2015










After quite a bit of a hiatus, I'm finally back! May was an adventure filled month to say the least; I graduated, traveled to one of the most beautiful places in this world, Santorini, Greece, danced my feet off in Las Vegas, and started preparing for my big-girl job. Now that things have finally settled down somewhat, and after letting everything soak in, I'm ready to reminisce on some amazing memories we created. I want to start off by talking about our hotel in Santorini, Avianto Suites, located in the idyllic village Imerovigli. Imerovigli was the perfect village for us. It's quiet and away from the hordes of tourists that Fira and Oia have. Fira is only a 30 minute walk away, and we walked there several times. I don't know what I can possibly say to describe how amazing this hotel is. The location, the scenery, the food, the staff, the everything, was perfect!

Right when we arrived and Dominik went to check-in, I sat down on one of the sun chairs, and just stared out into the blue haze of water and sky, intermixed with volcanic rock and desert island, in disbelief of the beauty my eyes are so lucky to have seen. It is without a doubt one of the most beautiful sights I've ever seen. Our room, the Fabulous Suite, looked over this view, and I felt so grateful that this is what we would be waking up to every morning for the next 6 days.

A few things about the hotel. Anyone who's ever traveled to Europe knows to expect that rooms will be small. The room is small, but clean and comfy. The size itself is nothing that bothered either of us. Breakfast was included, and there was an amazing variety of choices to choose from every morning, including Greek omelet, salad, fruit, desert, toast, juice, coffee, champagne- we weren't left wanting for anything more! We also had the choice of what time we wanted breakfast to be set up for us, and the staff was always prompt, and extremely friendly. Finally, I would highly recommend a car for getting around the island. Although there isn't a parking space associated with the hotel, there is a large parking lot right across the street, that costs a mere 2 Euros per day. Even the parking lot has amazing scenery.

I would give this hotel 5/5 stars, and would recommend it to everyone and anyone. If we ever do go back, I would stay there again without a doubt. Let me know if you guys have ever stayed there and what your experiences were!

1 comment:

Dina Djedovic said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!

Post a Comment

Design by Smitten Blog Designs