Featured Post

Be Your Own Decorator

Animals of Santorini: The Dogs

Tuesday, June 23, 2015







These cuties, just, ugh! As I stated in my last post, there are a ton of dogs around Oia, and they were the most well-behaved, sweetest dogs! Not one of them barked at us, or anyone for that matter! They were either content with relaxing, or just wanting to play! The dog in picture 3 was our absolute favorite. He hung out around Church of Panagia, and if you're in Santorini, you can probably still see him there! It broke my heart that he didn't have a ball to play with, instead, he had found this broken piece of a building or something from somewhere, and brought it over to us to throw to him to catch! If you're heading to Santorini, bring this cutie a ball! He would literally be the happiest animal ever.

There were also a lot of cats in Oia, although I only got two pictures of these cats when we visited Thirassia, so I'll include them in that post. But the cats were super sweet too. One of the nights we were exploring the side streets of Oia, we came upon a group of cats, and there was this one all-white cat who was one of the most loving cats ever! I spent about 10-15 minutes just petting him, and every time we'd start walking to leave, he'd follow us and purr, just wanting to be pet more!

I don't think many of these dogs and cats were actual pets, but I have no doubt they are well taken care of and loved, by the Greeks and tourists alike. Many of the stores had cat/dog food and water by their entrances, which made me very happy to see.

If you're in Santorini, plan to be charmed by the scenery, the people, and the animals alike. The animals were most certainly a large part of that charm! I hope that my pictures convey some of that. Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by Smitten Blog Designs